Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10 luglio 2011

Gris - Chapter II - Belgium

Author: Mademoiselle G* (click here)


ORIGINAL VERSION: ENGLISH

Brussels, Belgium

Well, as we know this, bears sleep during winter. But I had to say that for this year, I haven’t that much time to rest. I was quickly woken up by Mademoiselle G* who wanted to show me the city of Brussels! Born in the small town of Mirabel in Canada’s area of Montreal (maybe I’ll go take a peek there soon!) , she has lived in Brussels for five years where she made her studies. My visit was the occasion to share with me a little bit of her new hometown spirit and also the Belgian culture. How sweet and funny people are Belgians! There’s always some occasion to go spend some time in one of their many bistros where beer is like a religion. I had to taste some for myself…..they even have honey beer!!

In Brussels, they also have they own little true hero. I had to stop by and say hello to this little boy. Here they call him “Manneken Pis” (means ‘Little man pee’ in Dutch). His story is very impressive and also mysterious. No one is really sure how he became a hero, but there are many legends around him. The one I heard the most was that he saved Brussels city from fire by extinguish an enemy bomb fuse with his pee hundreds of years ago! He also wears often a costume for special occasions. A very important little person for the city he is…

Wallonnie, Belgium
Ah… Brussels was fun, but I also went to the countryside in the south part of Belgium called “Wallonnie”. Walloons have sometime strange habits…They like to do in many villages during all summer, big celebrations where people walk all day with Napoleon’s era costumes on! We could ear drumming all night long… Well, it’s now time for me to go see new horizons now. I’ve loved Belgium and hope I’ll come back here to meet new friends! Where will I go next? Not sure yet. Maybe should I go to the airport and take the first flight that will leave? Or maybe take a train to North sea and say hello to shrimp and mussels fishermen near Dutch land?
For now, think I’ll take at least some rest at the beach before I start new adventures…

Greetings from Belgium!

Click here to see the original message.